Sunday, September 2, 2007

Destination: Sandoy

This morning me and my brother went on another roadtrip, this time to the island of Sandoy.

The pictures are so many, so these are in random order, without any text to accompany them. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.


At one time, this was the worlds biggest mailbox.








In the middle of this picture, you can see a seal poking his head out of the water.











These two pictures are taken on my way home. They are not from Sandoy.




That'll be all for now.

4 comments:

Faroe-Man said...

Damn, i made a mistake there, and erased your comment. I'm sorry.

Faroe-Man said...

Faroe-Man said...

1)

That is Húsavík. Picture #5 from the top is also from Húsavík, and legends tell, that those houses were also a property of "Lady of the House".

Read about her here http://www.faroeislands.dk/pages/HusavikIndex.htm

2)

They built it just to make a world record.

Workman said...

Third question: May I republish the mailbox picture on my blog, with the appropriate attribution and link back to your site?

I'm thinking of doing a post on mailboxes that claim to be the world's largest. (There's one in Greenland, Vancouver, and Thailand)

Faroe-Man said...

Yes, sure... ofcourse. My blogspot abilities seems like they are declining, i don't know why i set the option ON, that i needed to approve of comments before they are published on here.

All these pictures can be distributed.

Brain Bliss